Sunday, October 10, 2010

Historical Accuracy

One of the reasons that I am continuously acquiring new books is that I am always in need of knowledge to consume. As you might have guessed, this is one of the reasons that I love the internet. There is so much to read, and so much to be learned!
So, the subject I am educating myself on right now is . . . historical costuming!
The great thing about historical fashion is that so many people are passionate about it, so finding great information is easy.
Anyways, a site I've been perusing recently is "Reconstructing History". It seems to be an actual shop in Pennsylvania, but there's a section of their site that has pages of period clothing information. Some of their categories include: Celtic, Japanese, and 17th Century; and all of those categories have sub-categories, too, with pictures and comments about accuracy.
I really get into costumes because of the thoughts they open for drawings and stories. So, um . . . yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment