Saturday, October 9, 2010

From the LEFT

So I know that you're off being all girl-scouty, but I'm still going to post anyway. First off, TOMOPOP'S CONTEST ENDS MONDAY. Well, technically Tuesday morning, at midnight. Even if you don't think your pictures are the greatest, you should enter anyway, because you never know how things will shape up.
The second thing isn't a link or anything terribly interesting, but I thought I'd share it with you. In my drawing class, which I have on Fridays, we were drawing from a model. We did a series of "gesture drawings", which are quick (10 sec- 2 min) drawings to practice getting the essence of the pose and weight of the person.
Anyways, we had about 4 2-minute gestures, when our professor informed us that she had a special exercise for us. We all made our "OHCRAP" faces and glanced at each other nervously.
"Put your drawing tool in the opposite hand. We'll now draw another 4 gestures with your weak hand.
I was all like, "AGH MY SKILLS WILL DROP I WILL BECOME TERRIBLE I'M NOT A LEFTIE AGH".
They actually weren't too terrible, and I was actually kind of impressed with myself. So, that's my story of a personal encounter with leftieism.
Anyways, here's how they turned out:
OMG WARNING OUR MODEL WAS A GUY AND . . . .
Yeah, you can't actually see anything. Haha.

1 comment: